AIP Chicken and Leeks – Served With Mashed Carrots
This is one of my favourite quick and easy meals. On AIP chicken and leeks, is not only a tasty dish, it is easy on the tummy, a great comfort food that even children, love. The leeks caramelise, giving the chicken a slightly sweet tastiness. The coriander (cilantro) gives a distinctive flavour and it is always a hit. I try to always have some frozen coriander as I find I always use so much of it, it freezes really well and crumbles easily into any dish when needed. My granddaughters love this chicken and there is always a request for seconds.
- 4 chicken legs (organic or free range are best)
- 4 organic leeks (washed and finely sliced)
- Small handful of fresh or frozen coriander
- Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Big glug of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Simply place everything into a large cast iron dish with a lid, into a nice medium warm oven. depending on your pan size and oven temp the chicken will take about 1 and a 1/2 hours but its really nice if you turn the heat down and let it cook long and slow.
Serve with mashed carrots.