AIP Lemon Chicken with root vegetables, mashed cauliflower and broccoli
This AIP Lemon Chicken gives your taste buds a treat! Its caramely, sticky, lemon taste makes it the perfect summer evening meal. Share with someone special and serve with a bottle of sparkling water and lots of lemon.
- 300g Free range chicken thighs.
- 1 small leek, washed and chopped finely.
- 1/3 bulb of garlic (optional) I just cut the top of of my bulb and chuck it all in.
- 1 wax free lemon, cut into chunky slices.
- 2 parsnips, washed and roughly sliced.
- 2 carrots washed and roughly sliced.
- 1/2 a cauliflower, washed and roughly chopped.
- 1 head of broccoli, washed and roughly chopped.
- Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- Pinch of turmeric.
- Pinch of dried herbs (I like tarragon).
- 1 tbsp of Organic extra virgin coconut or olive oil.
- Place the chicken, lemon, leeks, carrots, and parsnips into a large cooking pan. Splash the oil over and add the salt turmeric and herbs. Give it all a good stir to coat the oil and bash the lemon up a bit. Add the garlic and place into a medium hot oven. Cook for about 35 mins giving it all a shake every 15 mins.
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli to a pan of boiling water and gently simmer to soften for about 8-9 mins.
- Drain and mash the cauliflower and broccoli add salt if desired.
- Place the mash, veg and chicken together on plates and spoon the lemon sauce over the chicken. There won’t be much juice but what is there is very sticky and tastes divine!