I love banana pancakes but I wanted to try something different for a change and I came up with this version when making banana pudding. It’s a more tradition batter pancake mix and make a smoother pancake but what is really great is you can make it the night before and store in the fridge. If the mixture gets a bit thick ( the coconut flour swells) just add a dash of coconut milk to loosen the mixture.
Makes 2 pancakes
- 1 medium banana
- 100ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- coconut flour to thicken (about 2-3 tablespoons
- Coconut butter or honey for the topping
- Blackberries or blueberries etc for the topping
- Blend the banana, coconut milk and cinnamon together ( I use my nutribullet)
- Add the desiccated coconut and stir
- Add the coconut flour whilst stirring until the mixture is a thick gloomy batter almost like a thick cookie mixture (the desiccated coconut and flour will hold everything together, but it needs to be quite thick)
- Fry on a medium to low heat in coconut oil, gently flipping once the underside has cooked and it is turning golden brown.
Serve with melted coconut butter and fruit or honey and lemon – Enjoy!