AIP Pork and Cauliflower Pie
This is my version of an AIP cottage style pie. I really miss potatoes and this AIP pork and cauliflower pie makes me nostalgic and fills that craving for mash. I used pork as it makes a change and goes really nicely with coriander. If you use a nice thick chicken stock you get a really tasty meal that is great for a midweek meal. I have served it with roasted carrots and parsnip and steamed black cabbage. It’s easy to double up the cauliflower to make it go further. Also it’s full of vitamin B1, phosphorus and selenium and amino acids.
- 450g organic pork mince
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped ( I use red)
- 50g fresh washed and roughly chopped coriander
- 1/2 pint of thick chicken stock
- Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- Place the roughly chopped onions into an oven proof pan on the hob with the olive oil, salt, garlic, and turmeric. Give it all a stir and leave the onion and garlic to soften on a slow heat.
- Fill a pan with water and put onto boil.
- Wash and chop the cauliflower ready to steam in the pan, set aside.
- Add the pork to the onion mixture and add the stock, simmer slowly to cook the meat through. When the meat is just about cooked add the chopped coriander and leave to soften, then when it is nice and soft turn off the heat.
- While the pork is cooking add the cauliflower to the pan to steam until soft, then mash.
- Place the mashed cauliflower over the pork mixture and place into a medium hot oven to finish cooking for about 30 mins.
Serve with your choice of vegetables and cold sparkling water with ice and lemon.