AIP Pork Chops with Fennel
I love these AIP pork chops with fennel, carrot, apple and garlic. These ingredients go so well together and if you leave the garlic bulbs whole they give a lovely aroma and taste, but do not overpower the fennel.
- 2 Large pork chops on the bone or equivalent.
- 2 Large fennel bulbs washed, trimmed and roughly chopped into 8 (I cut the bulb from top to bottom to keep the bulb in nice chunks).
- 8 Cloves of big fat juicy garlic cloves, leave unpeeled and whole.
- 1 Green apple, I use golden delicious for sweetness.
- 4 Carrots washed, ends trimmed and cut into halves or quarters depending on thickness.
- Big handful of fresh herbs, I use what ever I’ve got in stock or a tablespoon of mixed dried herbs.
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric (ground, dried).
- 2 or 3 tbsp of Organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- Brown the chops first if they are very large, in a frying pan with a tiny bit of the oil.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large cooking pan and mix to spread the oil and turmeric.
- Place in a hot oven about 200c/6/400f
- Check every 15 mins turning the ingredients gently. When the carrots have softened and the meat is cooked through, turn the oven off and leave to caramelise for 10 minutes.
- Takes about 45 mins on a 200c/6/400f.