AIP Pork Sausage Burger With Kale & Satsuma
This AIP Pork Sausage Burger With Kale & Satsuma makes the perfect breakfast or snack. The combination of the kale and sweet orange makes your tongue do a little dance and is just so addictive.
- 250g Free range pork mince.
- 1 small red onion, washed and chopped finely.
- 1/2 Clove of garlic (optional)
- 1 Satsuma, peeled.
- 150-200g Curly kale, washed and roughly chopped.
- Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of Organic extra virgin coconut or olive oil.
- In a large bowl add the mince, salt, turmeric, onion, garlic if using and oil. Blend it together evenly and split into two equal halves. Cup your hands around the meat forming it into burgers and pushing it together to squash the onion into the burger. Make two burgers with the mixture and keep them flat and not to thick.
- Heat a frying pan on a low heat (I use the lowest setting) and add the burgers, cover with a lid.
- Leave cooking until the underside is browning nicely and the meat looks like its cooked half the way through, then turn the burger over and recover.
- Keep checking until the burgers are nearly cooked through and add the kale, cover and leave for about 3 minutes.
- Check the burger and turn once more, add the satsuma segments and turn the kale, cover and leave for 1 minute or until everything is cooked.