Coconut oil & almond butter fat bombs are an excellent way to get a concentrated source of high-quality fats that will provide ample energy and even satisfy your sweet tooth!
Looking for a quick sweet snack? Fat bombs are really popular in the low carb keto world, as people are finally embracing that it takes fat to lose fat.
My coconut oil fat bombs are easy to make, high in healthy fats and low in carbs and protein.
All the healthy high fat you need to stay in ketosis with heightened nutrition and unbelievable taste and they are incredibly for evening sugar cravings.
When I started experimenting with fat bombs I immediately fell in love with them, they are so tasty and versatile. You can make many flavours and they are so filling.
As with all fat bombs, you have to eat them straight out of the fridge or freezer, as they melt quickly in your hands and on your tongue.
Try them you won’t be sorry!
So what is in them and why are they so great?
Firstly I use almond butter, you might be surprised at how many beneficial things are packed into one little almond. The nutrients in an almond include:
- Calcium a full serving in just 7 nuts
- Iron, which helps blood deliver oxygen
- Fiber, for blood sugar control, heart health & intestinal function
- Magnesium, which can lessen muscle pain
- Omega-6 fatty acid, which helps brain function, metabolism and bone health
- Protein, which is essential for cellular health
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2), for skin health, healthy mucous membranes and maintaining iron stores
Secondly coconut oil which I love! Raw unrefined organic oil is fantastic for weight loss. It contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight. It is also easy to digest and it helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and endocrine system. Further, it increases the body’s metabolic rate by removing stress on the pancreas, thereby burning more energy and helping obese and overweight people lose the weight.
Lastly Green and Blacks 85% dark chocolate gives these fat bombs a really chocolaty kick!
Coconut Oil & Almond Butter Chocolate fat bombs
- 100g Coconut oil (raw, organic, extra virgin )
- 100g Almond butter
- 70g Chocolate (85% cocoa)
- Gently melt the oil and the almond butter in a heavy based saucepan, make sure to keep the temperature as low as possible.
- Pour into your choice of mould – I prefer the paper cup cake ones but ice cube trays are easier. Leave in fridge or freezer to set, only takes 10 mins or so.
- When set you can very gently melt the chocolate in the same pan you used for the oil and butter, stirring the mixture on the lowest heat possible.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto of the oil and butter mix sharing the mixture evenly. You only need a drizzle to make these have a real chocolate taste.
- Place back into the fridge or freezer to set (again they only take about 10minutes)
28 yummy healthy chocolate sweets that not only taste fab, they are also healthy and help with fat loss on a low carb high fat diet.
Nutrition per chocolate:
Total Carbs 1.2g
Net Carbs 0.5g
of which sugar 0.2g
of which saturated 4.0g
Energy – 70.2Kcal