Who doesn’t like a sneaky tangy tasty sour Haribo?
I was missing a bit of tang, a bit of wincing tartness. I had a fridge full of lovely sweet chocolate fat bombs, I’d even had a few already but I kept craving that sourness, you know the one that makes you pull a silly face. So off to the fridge I went… I knew that I’d got a nice fresh supply of coconut cream but would it work with my idea?
It did and I spent the next few hours wincing with my mouth twisted into a grimace, gurning on my icy and juicy lemon, super sour fat bombs!
Try them and see.
Juicy Lemon Super Sour Fat Bombs
- 100g Coconut Oil (raw, organic, extra virgin )
- 50g Organic Butter
- 50g Coconut Cream
- Juice of 3 Lemons
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- Gently melt the oil and the butter in a heavy based saucepan, make sure to keep the temperature as low as possible.
- Add the coconut cream and gently stir with a small spoon, blending the oils and the cream together.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, keep stirring.
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and place into the freezer.
- Wait patiently for them to freeze!
I make a batch of about 28 with this mix but you can double it up or even halve it.
Nutrition per sour:
Total Carbs 0.4g
Net Carbs 0.4g
of which sugar 0.1g
of which saturated 4g
Energy – 48Kcal